0800 1970 444

mobile friendly: 03301 000533

Newsagent Insurance

As a newsagent you will obviously be operating from shop premises but may also arrange the delivery of some newspapers and magazines to peoples' homes. Therefore you need an insurance policy that has the flexibility to cover risks relevant to all aspects of your business operation.

You will be pleased to read that a Newsagents Insurance policy can do just that!

If you own or are responsible for insuring your newsagent's shop premises then you will require buildings insurance. This will provide cover should your premises be damaged by the likes of a fire, storm or flood but would also provide cover should you be burgled and the property be damaged due to, for instance, locks being forced open. You will also wish to ensure the fixtures and fittings are covered.

You will no doubt carry a range of stock as well as contents so you will wish to make sure that these are insured such as newspapers, magazines, confectionary, birthday cards etc. Within a Newsagent Insurance policy this cover can be included.

It is a legal requirement that, if you employ someone, you arrange Employers' Liability Insurance. This would cover you should you be sued due to one of your employees being injured or dying at work and it were proven that the business was at fault.

You will no doubt have many customers calling into your newsagent's shop to buy things. Should one of them trip over say a box left on the floor and then bang their head causing serious injury or even death you may be sued for a considerable sum of money. If you include Public Liability Insurance within the Newsagents Insurance policy this would cover you in this situation.

Another option worthy of serious consideration is Business Interruption Insurance as this would provide cover should your newsagent's business have to cease trading for a period due to a fire or flood. You would be recompensed for lost income and related expenditure over a period of time.

Goods in Transit Insurance can be included in the policy to cover such things as magazines and newspapers when being delivered. You may also be able to insure against employee dishonesty.

Shop Insurance Direct will be pleased to assist you in arranging a no-obligation Newspapers Insurance quotation.

SID is owned by APB Media Ltd, an Introducer Appointed Representative of One-Sure Insurance Limited, which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) under firm reference 447730. You may check this on the FSA's register by visiting the FSA's website, www.fsa.gov.uk/register/ or by calling 0845 606 1234. * Take out an insurance policy through One-Sure Insurance Limited and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like for like basis, One-Sure Insurance Limited will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.